For the Zelda: Breath of the Wild cosplayers, we regret to inform you the photo shoot has been cancelled as our Forest Dweller Camera has broken and our Guardian Camera is badly damaged. Please also note the Batman family photos are cancelled indefinitely…
All kidding aside, we are excited about scheduling photo shoots with the amazing cosplayers who attend CoreCon. If you have a group of friends and don’t see a specific shoot scheduled that fits your genre then let us know. We might be able to fix it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org before the convention or stop in the photography room (look for posters or ask in Ops) and they will get you in touch with a CoreCon sanctioned photographer during the convention. Prints will be available for purchase also.
Unless otherwise specified, meet by registration in the main hall.
Friday Night Photo Shoots:
- 7:00 pm: LARP. The LARP shoot will be in their Fansuite and participants don’t need to meet at registration.
- 7:15 pm: Science Fiction. This includes space suits, aliens and all things out of this world.
- 7:45 pm: Fantasy. Elves, Orcs and even humans are allowed in this shoot.
- 8:15 pm: Horror. The evil dead, monsters, zombies, and other creepies. Please don’t drip, slime, or ooze on our cameras.
- 9:15 pm: Anime. Danganropa, Square Enix, and all Otakus, please join us for kawaii smiles and pictures.
Saturday Photo Shoots:
- 11:00 am: Star Wars. Can the Dark Side and Light Side just get along for the sake of a photograph?
- 11:15 am: Monsters vs Mechs. Mutant Lizards and Robotic Defenders hold your fire until after the shoot.
- 11:45 am: My Little Ponies. Dash your way to this full color shoot
- 1:45 pm: Video Games. From Mario to Assassin’s Creed, if you cosplay a video game then this is for you.
- 2:45 pm: Rainbow Brite. Be so bright, we gotta wear shades.
- 3:00 pm: DC vs Marvel. Pose for this epic battle as we see which is more powerful.
The Adult and Kids Costume Masquerades will be covered, as well as the Fur Suit Parade. If there are special events your Fansuite or group want covered then email email@example.com. If you are a cosplayer looking for an individual shoot, we will have many worthy photographers available:
- Ivan from “IVR Photo” comes down from Winnipeg and has been shooting conventions for years. Look for his panel on Conventions and Cosplaying.
- Louis of “Louis R. Zurn Photography” is a camera wiz and does it all from digital to film of all sorts, as well as some antique processes as old as photography itself.
- Doug from “Bee & Bee Cosplay Photography” will be doing what he can to help build a stronger cosplay community in Fargo. Look for his panel on Cosplay Posing with BBDesign Cosplay.
- Karissa from “Bee & Bee Photography” has lent her skills to CoreCon and over 90% of CoreCon’s published media for the last three years has been her work.
If you appreciate the volunteer work these photographers are doing then please like their Facebook pages and give them some love. Also thank Lauren and Sheryl who will also be shooting and assisting.